Easy Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce

There's nothing better than knowing exactly what you're eating. This hot fudge sauce has only 6 ingredients - all which you can pronounce. Not to knock on Hershey because I've always been a fan of Hershey products and I'm sure the ingredients are all the same for most brands, but have you read the label of a bottle of Hershey chocolate syrup? First and foremost is High Frutcose Corn syrup and then more corn syrup, water and ends with stuff I can't even pronounce. Wowza. So, I want to share this with you because everyone needs a syrup recipe they can trust. And, it just tastes so much better too! It's nice because it's a quick, easy dessert if you have nothing else planned and it jazzes up plain vanilla ice cream. It's good either hot or cold.

This recipe is the recipe I grew up on. My mom used to make it for us all the time when my brothers and I were in high school back in the 80's. We'd have sundae bars, being able to make these big fancy sundaes. Oddly, my favorite toppings were whipped cream, the fudge syrup and wheat germ. Ice cream has always been an important staple in our family, we rarely were every caught without it in the freezer. And now, I can say my own freezer is the same way. All my kids (& hubby) LOVE ice cream. I can't make this sauce without being taken back to the 80's and remembering making sundaes. Sigh.... thanks mom for the fond memories! XOXO

HOT FUDGE SAUCE (printable version)

2 cups sugar
4 tbsp corn starch
6 tbsp cocoa
2 cups milk
5 tbsp butter
2 tsp vanilla

In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and cocoa. Add milk and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Let cool down slightly before eating. Makes approx 2+ cups of sauce. Enjoy!

The sauce fills 2 half pint Ball jars. Keep one for yourself and pass one on to a friend. They'll love you forever!

Pin It 


Comments

  1. Hi Jill - Just found your blog and I love it! I found you while looking for an easier way to make a liner for a tissue basket. (Which worked great, thank you!) I was wondering if you happen to have a pattern for the Spring Basket? (with the stationary handle) Sorry to put this here...couldn't get email to work from my computer. :)

    Thanks-
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara! Can you email me at jplenty@mamaging.com so I can ask you a few more questions about the basket? Thanks!!! ~ Mama Ging

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts? I'd love to hear from you! I read each one and respond when called for. :)