THE Best Peanut Butter Cookies


As I've mentioned before, I'm not a fan of making cookies. They are my least favorite baking item. I think it's because I'm not a very patient person and so I don't like the numerous batches of in and out of the oven and taking forever to be done. What about I like to make cupcakes you say? I know, it's sort of the same thing but in the end with a cupcake comes the fun part of decorating. But I also don't like store bought cookies, so in the end my family doesn't get very many cookies. I'm trying to rectify that, and for starters, I've mentioned I've found THE best Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe over at Buttercream Bakehouse. One of the baking appeals is that they bake for 10 minutes or less and that's my criteria for making cookies. Get it done quick! If I come across a recipe that sounds good but they bake 13-15 minutes? - ehht. Close out and move on. So I was thrilled when I came across a recipe for soft & chewy (I can't stand hard cookies) Peanut Butter cookies AND the bake time was 7 minutes, I was all over that. And bonus ~ it had a little espresso powder in it! The recipe I found at Une Gamine dans la Cuisine was called Old Fashioned Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies which, I think it's funny that "old fashioned" is anything with espresso powder in it. Espresso just seems so modern to me! But, I do understand that was the original recipe and she just added the espresso powder. So if you don't add that, they'd be old fashioned. :)


See that chocolate milk looking stuff in the bottom right corner? The recipe called for cream or milk and since I had a few tablespoons left of Caramel Macchiato coffee creamer, I threw that in with the vanilla. The second batch I made (yes, 2 days later) I used Hazelnut creamer.


So, I would head on over to Une Gamine dans la Cuisine and make these cookies. She has lots of other great looking recipes too. 


Make some and let me know what you think. They are definitely my go-to peanut butter cookie from now on! I'm not a big sweet eater, but I have a hard time staying away from these!

Pin It

Check out where I Link Party and share my posts!


Comments